Repair Centre Operations Manager (Ostrava, Czech Republic)
Prague, Bohemia, Czechia
Operations and Supply Chain
As a part of the AppleCare Repair Operations team, the Repair Centre Operations Manager will lead third-party repair centres across the EMEIA region. Located in Ostrava, Czech republic, this role will have responsibility for the initial setup and day to day management of all operational elements of repair operations in region. You will operate in a fast-moving and dynamic environment, where requirements can change at short notice and you need the ability to process data and requests quickly and operate where a high level of attention to detail is paramount. You will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and will need to be comfortable with ambiguity, run multiple priorities and have the ability and confidence to make data driven decisions based on performance metrics, cost and/or business priority.
- Understands quality systems, manufacturing and repair processes.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Passion and Drive with Great Sense of Urgency. We are looking for someone with tremendous self-belief, motivation and passion to be successful as a leader in the shortest possible time. Excellence should be a habit for the successful candidate
- Effectively manages internal and external partner relationships.
- Adapts communication style and works effectively across multiple functions and sites.
- Advises on solutions to complex problems, projects or programs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to plan strategically in a complex production environment.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly and concisely and make recommendations.
- Maintains composure and direction in high pressure situations.
- Works effectively in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of change
- Influences and inspires without authority.
- Effectively navigates through ambiguity to resolve issues.
- Ability to work under minimal direction and independently develop solutions that are thorough, practical and consistent with functional objectives.
- Assertive in the right sense with ability to follow through things seamlessly from end-to- end. Strong stamina to get to the finish line with very low tolerance for errors. Display strong troubleshooting skill set
- Excellent Communications skills (written and spoken). Shown ability to effectively represent Region in Global forums to ensure relevance and visibility
- Time management skills. Must display great ability to prioritise deliverables to balance speed and accuracy in making key decisions
- Possess a deep understanding of cost and financial accounting principles
- Good vision, analytical, process oriented and strong problem solving skills.
- Capable of working independently with clear communication
- High level of attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
▪ Primary interface between Apple and partner managed service centres on all operational elements. ▪ Working with third party companies (3PLs/OEMs) to establish repair operations centres across the EMEIA region. ▪ Ensuring that repair centre (RC) operational metrics are managed to agreed SLAs (Ship clean, repair TAT, line capacity, looper rates, quality levels etc…) ▪ Responsible for taking care of day to day queries and ensuring that issues are resolved to Apple’s satisfaction ▪ Maintaining an overall view of all repair centre site activities and ensuring all deliverables are met ▪ Supporting Apple project processes from Operations perspective as required ▪ Identifying and recommending key process improvement opportunities to optimise operations processes. ▪ Assessing and agreeing the cost implications of process change in conjunction with 3PL and Apple teams ▪ Managing the relationship between Apple and the repair centre management team ▪ Actively monitor any risks or concerns and respond immediately to mitigate any potential problems. ▪ Consigned Inventory Control & Cycle Counting management with the OEM/3PL ▪ Escalation point of major operational problems - responsibility to drive issues to successful outcomes. ▪ Dedicated monitoring of security and maintenance aspects in the repair centres ▪ Weekly/Monthly reporting on repair centre performance to upper management. ▪ Assessing and agreeing the cost implications of process change in conjunction with 3PL and Apple teams ▪ Develop effective working relationships across the company to ensure full understanding of business requirements are communicated and met by third parties. ▪ Review vendor performance on a weekly basis and analyse all business metrics. Drive action and performance improvement plans when SLAs are not within acceptable ranges. ▪ Lead weekly and quarterly business review meetings. ▪ Address any business operations issues that affect the partner’s ability to meet the requirements of the contract. ▪ Run new vendor/program implementation readiness. ▪ Review partner invoices and approve for payment. ▪ Monitor operational/project budgets and provide status updates for finance and management.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in operations management, vendor management or repair services environment. - Bachelor or masters Degree in business or engineering