Software Development Engineer - Core OS
Prague, Bohemia, Czechia
Software and Services
Why Apple? Imagine what you could do here at Apple, a place where new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. The Apple Core OS team is looking for a skilled engineer to design and develop firmware, device drivers, frameworks and algorithms related to human interface devices, sensors and displays across iOS and macOS. You will be able to impact the design and implementation of Apple’s embedded and desktop systems. We are looking for someone who can bring an outstanding contribution to the integration of new Ambient Light sensor chips, from the bring up to the user facing features and algorithms. You will work in a dynamic environment interacting directly with engineering teams within the organization as well as multi-functional teams. The nature of the position requires you to have excellent interpersonal skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Experience with C, C++ or obj-C.
- Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver validated work on tight schedules.
- Availability to travel.
Be part of an engineering team that designs and develops software for displays and sensors. Bring your contribution to customer facing features such as Auto-brightness, Night Shift, True Tone Display, both in terms of customer experience and power consumption. Work with multi-functional teams to design new sensors and the features they enable. If you meet the key qualifications and you are ambitious, hardworking, and you want to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- • Proven OS fundamentals (experience with macOS and iOS as a developer).
- • Experience with writing and debugging complex drivers and related frameworks.
- • Experience with communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB).
- • Understanding eye physiology, light and color responses .
- • Knowledge of color spaces.
- • Experience with UNIX/Linux kernel and drivers.
- • Experience with issue/bug tracking systems.
- • Experience with power management.