Technical Translator - Czech
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work on a dynamic team passionate about delivering world-class localised software on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Join the team responsible for the localisation of Apple software and Siri. We are looking for experienced technical translators to localise software and related content into Czech. Our localisation team is looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, creative, organisational and communication skills to provide technical translations and adaptations for our software. Proficiency and translation experience in Czech language are essential. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to manage workload with aggressive delivery schedules. In addition to project work, other responsibilities include contributing to improving the tools to make software localisation workflows more efficient; helping to investigate the root causes of international issues that are found in localised software; evangelising best practices for localisation friendly content; defining and driving improvements in our localised content. Strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are essential. This position is highly suited to technical translators with previous localisation experience. It provides an opportunity to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with other localisation teams at Apple, as well as engineering and QA teams, and gain valuable insights into the development process at Apple.
- Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in Czech and in English.
- Experience with localisation tools (such as SDL Trados) and translation memory software.
- Experience in doing large volumes of technical translations for end-user software products.
- Experience in translating for specific product types, e.g.
- High end video/audio software products.
- Excellent overall writing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Large vocabulary, literacy, and cross-cultural knowledge.
- Current and direct exposure to your native language's culture over a sustained period of time.
- Knowledgeable in, and sensitive to, multilingual and multicultural issues.
Hands-on translation of Apple products into Czech. Utilising internal tools to identify changes with localisation impact. Bug monitoring, escalation, reporting and resolution. Working with multi-functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule. Ensuring terminology consistency across all Apple products and services for the Czech market. Assisting with quick-turnaround translations. Identifying tools and process improvements. Performing linguistic QA and runtime testing. Maintaining style guides. Maintaining language glossaries.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.