Supplier Quality Engineer (Bare PCB), Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We have an opportunity for Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) for Bare PCB in Korea. This position will be responsible for leading activity from Fabrication side, making fabrication process and method to be capable and stable to supply products with quality in Printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Experience in bare PCBs (Rigid, Rigid-flex, Substrate) fabrication including familiarity with equipment, chemistries, and quality analysis methodologies known in the industry. Process engineering experience is preferred.
- MSA and SPC in manufacturing process, such as rule and action at X bar-R(S), GR%R, Correlation and manufacturing capability (Cp, CpK)
- Knowledge of materials used throughout the PCBs manufacturing industry.
- Experience in HDI technology is a must such as Filled via, Direct exposure system.
- Knowledge of sophisticated technologies such as MSAP, SAP, Core-less, LCP
- Knowledge of failure analysis at PCBs, equipment, tooling and methodology.
- The ability to evaluate options and make critical decisions under uncertainty and deadline.
- A creative thought processes.
- Business level of English, Korean communication.
- To work as a member of a multi-functional team to ensure manufacturability of PCBs(Rigid, Rigid-flex, Substrate). - Support multiple suppliers on site(Domestic mainly, also oversea sometimes) to build capable and stable manufacturability such as: ・Improve product quality of PCBs and manufacturing capability. ・Evaluate and qualify PCBs manufacturing capabilities and control systems. ・ Implement and standardize quality requirement ・ Maintain and enforce PCBs specifications for external suppliers. ・To suggest alternative solutions where cost reduction opportunities exist or design limitations require
Education & Experience
BS or MS of Engineering Background.
- Familiarity assembly (i.e. SMT, Molding)
- Experience in FPC manufacturing is plus
- Experience in Project management is plus
- Familiarity with the semiconductor manufacturing processes is plus
- Language: Chinese, Japanese is plus