Technical Program Manager - Image Sensors & Process Integration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Here at Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. You will take the lead in driving process continues improvement activities for semiconductor devices during NPI, ramp up and throughout product lifetime. You will work with the internal engineering team, the semiconductor devices vendors and downstream with module integrators. The scope covers image sensor devices used in all module and all systems. The right candidate will work across multiple locations in various continents with visits to many countries. The majority of time will be spent at the vendor sites
- 10+ years relevant experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Process Integration, and/or Quality Engineering
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, teamwork, influencing and negotiation.
- Teamwork: constant interfacing with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Good working knowledge of semiconductor devices and associated module components is required; a deep semiconductor processes background is mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of wafer test, yield, wafer fab process integration, wafer packaging, back-end issues.
- Familiarity with quality systems and quality control.
- Ability to work with internal Supplier Quality Engineers at module integrators.
- Close coordination with device design team, module design team and NPI project managers
- Interface with reliability engineering and system quality engineers
Within the Operations team, be the Wafer Fab Process Integration expert for CMOS Image Sensors. You will be accountable for combining individual process steps into a high yielding process flow. Responsibilities Include: -Set a vision for constant product quality and operational improvements year over year. Set aggressive targets and drive plans to achieve. - Be involved at product concept to ensure products are designed for manufacturing (DFM) - Build in constant design improvement for product quality, factory efficiency and product cost - Approve vendor process flow, process quality control plan(tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria), equipment list, and Cosmetic specs (Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Module integrators) - Manage new process introduction and special projects, such as new testers - Audit and approve device manufacturers for Mass production readiness - Ensure device vendors are conforming to Apple specs and requirements - Ensure timely test correlation activities and close test gaps between device, module, and system Contribute to mass production release reviews and verify that we are ready to ramp - In mass production, lead resolution of device related quality issues in wafer fab, back-end processing, transit, and module integrator - Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate - Drive FACA for sensor related returns from integrators, field returns, and EFFA issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner - Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are maintained accurately - Raise and balance formal company-wide Quality Alerts - Organize three-way meetings with device vendors and module integrators to get feedback on downstream issues and to ensure smooth co-working. Assist and arbitrate as needed. - Manage the quality relationship with image sensor vendors. This involves regular face to face reviews, efficient vendor reporting systems and audits. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at vendors are in line with requirements. - Regularly provide status reporting updates to executives and escalation when needed. - International and Domestic travel can be up to 40%.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PHD in Material science/Electrical/Chemical/Optical Engineering or allied technical subject.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.