Operations Engineer - Application Reliability
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Apple’s Information Systems & Technology has an immediate opening for an operations engineer - application reliability team. The larger support org supports and maintains several global, critical production systems. These applications span across multiple technologies in Retail, CRM and a host of Third-party & Custom applications on various platforms. The ARE team is a focus group tasked with ownership of overall application stability and is responsible for problem management, system performance management, bug fixes, production infra management and coordination with various collaborators for all upcoming projects. This role will involve identifying technical/functional improvement areas for teams and/or individuals for effective support, identifying automation opportunities and driving such efforts. This position will also interface significantly with Helpdesk, System Engineers, Network Engineers and DBAs on a regular basis. We are looking for a Reliability/application Operations Engineer with deep experience in enterprise level full-stack Java Apps with a good knowledge on cloud technologies to contribute to support of several key systems. As a member of the team, you’ll be instrumental in design, standardization, and validation of several critical applications. You should have excellent written and verbal communications skills, knowledge of and experience with incident and problem management skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Spring MVC or Spring boot based micro-services
- Should have a strong UNIX background and appropriate writing Unix scripts
- Ability to performance tune application code and assist team members in reviewing code and provide suggestions to developers
- Hands-on experience publishing and consuming services - REST
- Detailed understanding of highly scalable distributed databases and multi-clustered systems
- Understanding of NOSQL Database (preferably MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Excellent technical skills analysing issues from a network and Infra perspective
- Able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with technical peers and non-technical business partners
- Experience in designing and improving support processes in large IT organisations
- Exposure to ServiceNow is a plus
- 5+ years of overall experience working on multiple IT platforms
- Should have significant experience supporting enterprise applications from end-to-end.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details - Drive productivity improvements and measurement - Drive root cause resolution of all production problems - Drive automation of various manual tasks in day-to-day support - Evaluate application scaling to handle significant system events, product launches and transaction growth - Review support transition to offshore team for new project releases - Support in conducting critical issue postmortem (follow up) meetings where offshore is engaged - Provide domain expertise, guidance and direction to team members - Handle validations and cutover of key infrastructure upgrade activities
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field
- Expertise in a few of the below technologies is a must
- 2. Java, J2EE, Scala, Kafka
- 3. Oracle Database, PL/SQL, MongoDB
- 4. Exposure to JBoss, Tomcat, GSLB and Unix commands.