Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
People at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of experience that has revolutionised entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas encourage innovation in everything we do. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Contact Technologies uses advanced logic and custom applications to allow any Apple customer via voice, chat or email to connect with Apple through a personalized, high-touch experience. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the process of improving and maintaining the stability and reliability of the production environment applying DevOps standard practices across multiple applications in the Contact Center. This will include developing tools and changes directly, as well as influencing other teams to stay in sync with practices.
- Expertise in configuration management (such as Ansible, Salt) for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, Java or Bash
- Experience deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience managing applications on any leading cloud platforms eg. AWS
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Strong expertise in solving complex production issues
- Expert understanding of Unix/Linux based operating system
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with different teams
- Should be highly proactive with a keen focus on improving uptime availability of our critical services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
- The position requires solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with the open source technologies
- Monitor production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile and dynamic organisation.
- Experience in Contact Center application design/deployments will be preferred
In this role, you will use your expertise in DevOps to ensure that changes to production do not cause incidents that impact our business. Apply your understanding of security practices to develop standards across the organization to ensure our properties are safe from attackers and the usage of data and analysis of log files to resolve areas to improve. You will define objectives and key results and use metrics to measure your impact. You will work with and influence multiple teams, including development, production support, business teams, and other technical and non-technical teams within Apple. Your goal is to ensure an efficient, reliable process from development to production to allow our business teams to continue to provide the greatest customer experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or Equivalent in a related field
- - Excellent verbal and documentation skills (Able to communicate with more non-technical business users)
- - Good analytical skills and ability to research and present findings
- - Strong collaboration skills
- - Pro-active and able to work independently
- - Attention to detail