Display Module Engineer, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We have an opportunity for Display Module Engineer to lead the development and qualification activities to design innovative Flat Panel Displays. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on experience and consistent record in development of LCD or AMOLED or other display solutions.
- Proven track record to perform AMLCD or AMOLED development and implementation & validation is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of AMLCD, AMOLED or other display solutions’ production process and driving mechanism is required.
- Hands on experiences on optical or electrical or mechanical failure analysis is strongly preferred.
- Various Front Of Screen display issues define ability is highly preferred.
- Experience in working directly with mainstream AMLCD or AMOLED vendors with product development experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent project managements, written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international up to 30% of time.
- Written, verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Be responsible for the overall management of overall display module development acting as Direct Responsible Individual. - Management of optical, mechanical and electrical engineering activities vital to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. - Handle design, process related issues at display vendor sites and final assembly sites collaborate with engineers in Cupertino and cross function team in Asia as a focal point. - Define display FOS issues symptom during product development. - Provide hands on Failure analysis of AMLCD & AMOLED display module optical, electrical and mechanical related issues to identify root cause and to optimize design. - Review and analyze design and process related data to understand commonality and present high level summary with clear path forward. - Design DOE and FA to validate process and design and leading corresponding teams and vendors to achieve target optimally. - Investigate up-to-date Flat Panel Display technologies and generate innovative approaches to further improve Apple display performances.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Optics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics, Material science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.