Camera Firmware Engineer (ISP)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on wireless accuracy and performance? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the dream to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. We are looking for a Camera Firmware Engineer to work on image/video processing software/firmware for the cameras in Apple's products! This individual must possess strong skills in the areas of development and real time implementation of camera processing system. Candidate should have a strong track record of successful large volume consumer camera product shipment.
- Embedded firmware and software design for real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Strong camera system debug and analytical skills.
- Strong C & C++ programming skills.
- Good communications skills for co-working with multiple teams including both SW and HW.
- Very familiar with CMOS sensors, actuators and other peripheral.
- Hands-on experience of camera driver bringup.
- Hands-on experience of HW power rail & connectivity reviewing.
- Good understanding of ISP pipeline, as well as 3A algorithm.
- Matlab programming skill is better to have.
- Scripting skills of python/ shell will be a plus.
- Develop automatic tests for camera driver/firmware regression tests - Develop low level firmware driver for peripherals including Image Sensor, Focus Driver and others - Develop firmware and define test cases to test out supported camera features - Factory build support, and camera system issues FA for various HW Components/Camera features and others - Work with HW teams on HW testing & validation - Work with Cupertino team on firmware development to support camera features - Travel to factories for onsite development and technical supporting
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering - Direct related experience is preferred
- - Control system background
- - Experience with manufacture and/or shipping product
- - Time management habit