Machine Learning Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact the future of Manufacturing here at Apple through cutting edge ML techniques? This position involves a wide variety of skills, innovation, and is a rare opportunity to be working on ground breaking, new applications of machine-learning, research and implementation. Ultimately, your work would have a huge impact on billions of users across the globe. You can help inspire change, by using your skills to influence globally recognized products' supply chain. The goal of Apple's Manufacturing &Operations team is to take a vision of a product and turn it into a reality. Through the use of statistics, the scientific process, and machine learning, the team recommends and implements solutions to the most challenging problems. We’re looking for experienced machine learning professionals to help us revolutionize how we manufacture Apple’s amazing products. Put your experience to work in this highly visible role.
- 5+ years experience formulating complex business problems into actionable data solutions.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in building large scale ML systems to solve real problems.
- Strong communicator and experience with communicating complex ML outcomes to non-technical engineers.
- Intuitive understanding of machine learning algorithms, supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques and their performance characteristics.
- Experience working with large scale and real world datasets.
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, R, Spark, PyTorch.
- Experience with ML in manufacturing and operations spaces are pluses. In particular, working with extensive and messy manufacturing data set, as well as deploying production ready model to the factory.
- 7+ years experience in programming skills in Python or R.
- NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Operations Research (OR) and linear & nonlinear constrained optimization.
- Work experience in machine data (sensors, downtime, machine states, etc) for IoT & predictive maintenance applications.
- Experience with manufacturing and supply chain ML use cases such as test optimization, cost reduction, and quality improvement.
- Experience with computer vision and deep learning in manufacturing.
Operations Advanced Analytics team is looking for creative and motivated hands on individual contributors who thrive in dynamic environment and enjoy working with multi-functional teams. As a member of our team, you will work on applied machine-learning algorithms to seek problems that focus on topics such as classification, regression, clustering, optimizations and other related algorithms to impact and optimize Apple’s supply chain and manufacturing processes. As a part of this role, you would work with the team to build end to end machine learning systems and modules, and deploy the models to our factories. You'll be collaborating with Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Operations, and Hardware Engineering teams across the company.
Education & Experience
Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related level of experience required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.