Senior Engineering Manager -Manufacturing Systems & Infrastructure
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand at Apple. The Manufacturing Systems & Infrastructure (MSI) team is looking for a hands-on, technically focused manager to build and lead a high performance team of strong machine learning and software engineers in India. It's an opportunity to grow nascent operations in India to service all product lines of business at Apple while simultaneously building the factory of the future.
- Strong experience in managing a team of machine learning and software engineers with experience in manufacturing applications
- Strong design & development experience building high performant data analytics and machine learning applications
- Solid foundation in either architectural design, data structures or machine learning, deep learning algorithms
- Experience with deployment of machine learning models at the edge or in the cloud
- Strong ability to prioritize, push aggressive deadlines and drive closures
- Ability to understand the business context of project or product requirements and map it into a technology solution, ability to represent technical issues in business language
- Ability to communicate with large cross-functional teams about various engineering topics
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of team members
- Build and lead a team of machine learning and software engineers - Establish a vision and culture for the team, provide direction, and inspire innovation - Build and deploy data and machine learning based systems in Apple factories at scale - Provide hands-on supervision to the team on projects and remove roadblocks - Drive and establish best practices for process and tools to enable scale and reliability - Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment in a global setup - Build relationships with top universities, drive research collaborations and recruit great talent - Partner with external software services firms, establish projects and ensure success
Education & Experience
Phd or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.