Systems Software Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
Xcode Cloud is a continuous integration and delivery service built into Xcode and designed expressly for Apple developers. It accelerates the development and delivery of high-quality apps by bringing together a variety cloud-based tools and services. You can learn more about Xcode Cloud at https://developer.apple.com/xcode-cloud/ (https://developer.apple.com/xcode-cloud/). We are seeking to add a Systems Software Engineer to a new team responsible for maintaining and building the future of Xcode Cloud’s worker infrastructure. Workers are critical to the function of Xcode Cloud. Members of the Worker Infrastructure team are responsible for the core components which dequeue builds, dynamically scale capacity and provisioning a virtualized environment where building, testing and deployment can happen.
- Proficient in Java/Kotlin with experience in scripting languages like bash and Python
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with strong software engineering practices
- Solid understanding of distributed system design and event-driven architecture
- Experience with virtualization, containerization and orchestration like Kubernetes
- Excellent problem-solving/debugging skills
- Be a considerate, thoughtful, and collaborative contributor
The Worker Infrastructure team consists of Systems and Software Engineers who work collaboratively to meet the demands and expectations of Apple-Internal and Public developers using Xcode Cloud. We focus on building a platform that is performant, reliable and secure using telemetry to drive our decisions and roadmap at the scale which Apple and Apple customers expect.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent industry experience