Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Apple is looking for a world-class Process Engineer with process development, integration and reliability experience to join the PPO µDisplay Engineering team. This position requires a creative individual with a strong technical background in a relevant technical field including display fabrication, semiconductor processing, thin film materials processing and characterization, or thin film optical materials development. In this hands-on role, laboratory experience in a clean room environment is essential. A successful candidate will execute projects independently, from the design of experiment, fabrication guidance and metrology, module level integration, and optical/electrical characterization, and failure analysis for validation of reliability impact on device performance. Candidate will focus on reliability and validation efforts in new display technology development.
- Strong, hands-on research and/or industry experience in nano/micro-fabrication processes: photolithography, etching, thin film deposition.
- Demonstrated history of innovation, process, and optical materials or display development.
- Direct experience in clean room environment including protocols and manufacturing processes.
- Preferred but not required:
- Optoelectronics device design and/or development knowledge of display technology design and process integration.
- Experience in characterization tools: electrical testing, SEM, TEM/FIB, EDX, AFM, XRD, etc
- Working understanding of high-volume manufacturing (HVM) display processes for support of validation assessment and reliability characterization (chemical analysis, review of physical FA, etc.).
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Support validation of process for new optical device concepts and advanced technology for panel processing and reliability performance. - Validate new processes to enable next generation display technology working with upstream and downstream teams, design, testing, failure analysis, manufacturing teams, and vendors. - Design and support execution of experiments to develop state-of-the art panel processes for next generation optical devices. - Review final samples to meet electrical, yield, and reliability requirements and perform FA, data analysis and analytical characterization.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicant.