Senior Cellular DevOps Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team redefining wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Wireless Technologies team is looking for highly motivated and creative engineer to work on our next generation products. The duties of this position will ensure stability, scalability and performance of the large scale development environment. You will work closely with developers and infrastructure team to set technical direction to improve overall user experience.
- Admin level experience with MacOS/Unix/Linux.
- Experience with a large scale configuration management and continuous integration system CI/CD solutions (Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Artifactory).
- Strong experience with container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience with following technologies is a plus: Networking, NFS Storage, Firewall, MySQL, MSSQL, Couch DB, mongoDB.
- Ability to work in a distributed team over the different time zones.
- Creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking.
- Good verbal and written English interpersonal skills.
As part of this team, you will setup and maintain a development environment, provide expert level support in our end-to-end application landscape with deep technical investigations and skills and automate manual tasks related to release deployments and system maintenance. You will also Investigate and introduce new technologies for enhancement of the performance, scalability, security and stability of the environment. Work in collaboration with developers to design and deploy new features, including supporting the configuration deployment of the new tool releases. Occasional work on the weekend to support downtime activities and on-call duties will be required here to describe the role.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.