iPad Hardware System EE - Validation
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple's iPad division is seeking to grow its System EE team based in Shenzhen China. We are a team of electrical engineers that own responsibility for entire products from concept to ship. We sit at the nexus of Apple's wider engineering team, working multi-functionally with mechanical engineering, software, and other module teams such as wireless, battery, camera, sensing, display, multi-touch, factory test, and silicon engineering. Our core EE responsibilities involve design of the main logic board and flex circuits in the product, along with power conditioning and distribution throughout the system, and further we support NPI activities to push the product to the market. Here in particular, we are looking a qualified EE Validation engineer to join to team to push our validation job excellent!
- Solid understanding of design and validation requirements for common low-speed and high- speed digital interfaces: I2C/SMBus, SPI, JTAG, I2S/TDM, USB, MIPI, PCIe, HDMI, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, Ethernet, DDR Memory etc
- Solid understanding of power design, especially DC-DC power design, debug and characterization
- Experience with board and system level bringup, validation and debug, including new or custom silicon, using standard EE lab equipment: Soldering, DMM, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer etc
- Demonstrated ability to understand technology and debug problems at varying levels of abstraction, from the system-level down to the silicon/transistor level
- Automation and data manipulation script development using Python, Lua, and Bash
- Data analysis and visualization using Python, Tableau, JMP, R, and/or Matlab
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in English and Chinese
- 3-5+ years overall experience
- Beyond technical capability, we prize curiosity, creativity, integrity, leadership, collaboration and a passion for learning
Day to day tasks involve electrical bringup, debug and validation for iPad products. Routine responsibilities also include factory build support, and multi-disciplinary multi-functional collaboration and negotiation. We are looking for well-rounded candidates with a broad set of skill and interests, and the curiosity to dig deep wherever vital to tackle challenging problems. Opportunities exist to sample a variety of technology areas, and to remain general or specialize over time, developing subject matter expertise.
Education & Experience