Greater China GL Accountant
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to improve financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only proven technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber GL Accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building an extraordinary Global Business Solutions center, passionate about developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple’s businesses in Greater China. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 4 to 6 years of related commercial working experience, with at least 2 years in a vibrant and evolving business environment. A combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferred.
- Strong technical skills and experience in US GAAP and local GAAP accounting and reporting.
- Solid understanding of Mainland China statutory and tax filing requirements.
- Experience in collaborating within a matrix environment with the ability to influence without necessarily having positional power.
- Mature, responsible, self-driven and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong communication skills with a good command of English and Chinese in both written and spoken forms.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with intellectual curiosity and a passion for business process excellence.
- Experience with SAP is an advantage.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining compliance with Apple Finance policies, generally accepted accounting principles and local regulatory requirements throughout the end-to-end financial and tax reporting process. The candidate will navigate the broader organization and collaborate closely with various functions within the region. - Serves as key coordination point with company auditors and tax agents to drive the resolution of any queries or issues - Identifies challenges presented by changes to the business operations and the impact on taxation - Ensures deliverables meet key performance metrics and service level agreements (SLAs), aligned with stakeholder expectations - Drives continuous innovation through process improvements and challenges the status quo to build outstanding systems and processes
Education & Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Taxation is a plus - Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in both English and Chinese.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.