Software Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable commerce platform? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for an extraordinary, hands-on Engineering Manager to lead an outstanding team of Software Engineers that owns, develops, and maintains payment partner integrations within Commerce. Come be part of the incredible team.
- Hands-on experience working on highly scalable applications and RESTful web services that span multi-functional teams
- Strong analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL and entity relationship modelling
- Experience with Java
- Experience programming for eventual consistency
- Experience leading complex engineering projects from inception to production.
- Can see the big picture, set a vision, and grow the team and platform in accordance to that vision.
- Enjoys deep technical and product discussions. Has attention to detail and can context switch across multiple projects.
- Can provide hands-on technical leadership, including mentoring, guiding, and motivating the engineers.
- Experience leading and growing a team, including hiring and performance management.
- Excellent communication skills. Can effectively communicate complex ideas and make compelling arguments.
- Effectively collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, collaborators, partners, etc.
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team manages purchases from all iOS products, including Apps, Music, and Subscriptions. This scale is truly unprecedented and requires tremendous thinking to develop new initiatives and maintain existing systems. We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions or charge head-first into gray areas. Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills are a must to collaborate in our cross-functional environments. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience managing multiple projects with agressive timelines in developing large-scale web-based applications using object-oriented languages. Excellent understanding of JVM performance optimisations, relational databases and data-modeling techniques are needed, and Cassandra or other NoSQL knowledge are a plus. We are primarily a Java shop. You will perform analysis, derive strategies, and write code to ensure that all Apple Media Products' financial transactions maintain key characteristics. This includes ACID integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. We will find opportunities for software reuse across problem domains. Similarly for design and code components/libraries/frameworks to support that reuse, and refactor code to achieve higher levels of use in the codebase. Using 3rd party and hand-rolled solutions, we will build infrastructure for caching, messaging, and workflow management, that will be used by other teams in the Commerce group.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.