Head of Marketing Communications, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
The Head of Marketing Communications will be a key member of Apple’s Marketing leadership team in Korea. They will work with key internal teams such as Sales, Retail and Services as well as the Worldwide (WW) Marcom team headquartered in Cupertino, California. This role reports to Apple’s Director of Marketing for Korea. The Marcom organization at Apple is a global team responsible for all consumer facing communications. This includes Localization, Advertising, Channel Experience and Communications, Interactive/Digital, Video & Motion Graphics, and Apple Retail. Marcom is a creative-led organization made up of brand managers, strategists, creative directors, producers, editors, graphic designers, writers developers, and more, who plan, localize, conceptualize and implement Apple’s product and services communications that go out into the world. We create communications that bring our new products to the world, help people better understand our products, and importantly, help people get the most out of them.
- We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the marketing communications work and is outstanding at getting things done. A doer who is hands on and not afraid of the details.
- This person with great strategic and creative instincts that loves great ideas and has deep knowledge and respect for the creative process.
- A business leader that can work closely with local and WW counterparts to deeply understand Apple, our products and services and then how to smartly intersect with local insights and understanding of the Korean consumer and market.
- A strategic problem solver who can simplify the complex, craft a vision and translate that into an executable plan. And then, importantly, be able to share and gain feedback/alignment to that plan locally and with WW.
- An encouraging leader of people who is able to recruit, motivate, and develop elite talent. A great teammate who leads from the front and will be the champion for doing what’s right.
- A great collaborator who can bring different groups and teams together and drive everyone toward a common goal by listening and building trust with individuals and teams.
- Energetic, positive and patient and able to work within an environment of secrecy and confidentiality.
- A senior leader with 15 – 20 years of experience working in premier marketing organizations and/or agencies.
- Experience leading large, marketing communications and creative teams.
- Deep experience in Digital and Social Media.
- Channel experience a plus.
- Agency experience is a requirement.
Lead the Apple Korea Marcom team, responsible for planning and driving Apple’s Korea marketing communications across all customer-facing touch points, including advertising, digital / interactive, channel and retail. Partner closely with WW and local teams, including Product Marketing, Services, Corporate Communications, Sales and WW Marcom, to drive the Marcom strategy for Korea. Understand deeply the core business and product challenges/opportunities to identify breakthrough strategies and execution. Serve as the Marcom lead within the broader Korea Marketing team, providing strategic and creative leadership in support of the business while protecting and building Apple’s brand. Responsible for the detailed execution and success for all product launches in Korea. Identify and drive any local marcom initiatives to address local challenges or opportunities. Continue to build a strong team, operations and creative culture that consistently produces the world’s best marketing communications. Work with Apple’s key channel partners to craft and deploy partner-led communications and secure an unfair share of their best marketing efforts. Lead our digital efforts for Apple and Channel, creating thoughtful, compelling solutions on our most important meaningful social and e-commerce platforms that are inline with our product and brand strategies. Partner with WW leadership in Cupertino, representing ongoing business, product, consumers and competitor insights to help inform worldwide strategies and work. Be a strong voice in WW Marcom leadership meetings, providing a clear point-of-view that can help shape our global strategies and thinking. Lead a network of agency partners that supplement our in-house capabilities. Lead our product presentation and customer experience at point of sale across all channels of distribution and ensure brand consistency and the very best customer experience.