Software Engineer – Automation Framework Developer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Eocsystems (WTE) org and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. If you’re passionate about quality and innovation, we may have the job for you. The Wireless Frameworks and Services team is looking for a highly motivated and talented Software Engineer to help develop and maintain automation across all Apple platforms. (i.e Apple Watch, Apple TV, AirPods, iOS and macOS) The candidate should have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Design and develop innovative ideas that solve automation and execution problems.
- 4+ years experience in Python development
- Experience in framework architecture design.
- Experience with SW version control solutions (Git, GitHub,...)
- Practical experience developing python solution for lab equipment, specially system simulators (e.g. Keysight, R&S, Anritsu)
- Strong debugging and triaging capabilities.
- Ability to identify and contribute SW fixes quickly and accurately in a fast paced development environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems like xCode Server, Jenkins, Travis etc.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and comfortable working with cross-functional teams on multiple locations.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Our team creates frameworks, services and testing tools to aid in Wireless testing across all Apple platforms. We also contribute code to core operating system frameworks, maintain/develop shared python frameworks and modules . Responsibilities: Design and implement new classes and tools to aide in the development of our newest framework Triage framework and tooling issues as reported by our clients. Maintain existing python tools and libraries.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Not essential, however preferred:
- Familiarity with any of the Wireless Technologies like WiFi/BT/HomeKit/GPS or Cellular
- Experience working across full-stack (Framework to Daemon level)
- Industry experience in testing of wireless silicon within wireless communication systems.
- Development experience with Objective-C and/or Swift