RPAC Finished Goods Distribution Center Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
The RPAC Distribution Centre (DC) Manager is responsible for all Apple Finished Goods Distribution Centre and RMA Hub Operations in the Rest of Pacific Region. This includes driving operations excellence across a diverse DC network.
- This role requires superior collaboration skills and will be a key measure of success
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role i.e. managing multiple warehouse operations.
- Extensive people management & organisation skills. Proven leadership and negotiating skills.
- A commercially astute person who can manage large budgets, negotiations with the Logistics partners and cost analysis.
- Working experience in ERP platforms like SAP, WMS platforms (such as Red prairie, Manhattan, Exceed) and EDI/API B2B communications.
- Experience in operations excellence roles such as lean management programs, process automation or six sigma environments.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships across teams, such as WW Logistics, Product Planning, Finance, Order Management and 3PL Logistics suppliers.
- Self-starter with a can work attitude and ability to work on their own initiative.
- Experience in Service Parts would be well regarded but not essential.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Commercial & operational management of Logistics partners in the region. - Responsibility for operational cost management by ensuring that per unit cost and cost reductions targets are met. - Continuous Improvement initiatives are identified to drive scalability and flexibility. - Develop a strategy to scale the DCs for operations and systems growth across the geographies, product, and line of business. Work closely with our 3PL partner management team to build process/systems roadmap, account management structure and infrastructure investment that enhances the great customer experience you expect from the Apple brand. - Drive process standardisation across sites to determine and implement the highest operating standards. Benchmarking DC practices within industry and across industries including , Greater China DC’s,EMEIA and AMR geographies to refresh our solutions approach. - Ensure quarterly, monthly and weekly performance reviews are in place for all sites supported by management and operational reporting. - Hold thorough reviews in advance of every new product launch and other key events such as Quarter end and Black Friday to ensure sufficient receiving, storage, pick/pack capacity is in place. - Hold regular readiness reviews for the yearly NPI and promotional peaks to ensure supplier staffing, shift patterns, space, layout and equipment are sufficient. Develop contingency plans to support business in case of performance issues. - Periodic review of DC network i.e. number of DCs and location of RPAC DC’s in the region - Manage and develop talent within Apple building the right functional skill sets, redundancy and succession planning. - Work cross functionally with the Supply Chain and World Wide Logistics Procurement groups to ensure compliance to contract and supply chain re-engineering initiatives. - Integration with other business units in Logistics, particularly the Inbound and Outbound freight BU's, to ensure one comprehensive end to end supply chain solution.
Education & Experience
Third level qualification in Logistics or Supply Chain, with an MBA preferable.