GBI Engineering Project Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about empowering decision making through data? Do you want to work in a highly energized environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, the Apple GBI org is looking for people like you! The Global Business Intelligence (GBI) org manages Apple’s enterprise data warehouse with petabytes of data, processes billions of rows of data to deliver insights and enable informed business decisions. The GBI team provides data analytics, ML and data science solutions to various Apple business groups. We use diverse technology stacks such as Snowflake, HANA, SingleStore, along with multiple processing and analytics tools and technologies. Designing, innovating and delivering solutions with these big data technologies is a core part of our daily job! We are looking for an experienced engineering project manager (EPM) to drive delivery of projects. Are you a project manager that thrives on working on new technologies and fast-paced application and product development? Do you like to lead a multidisciplinary team working on the future of enterprise data analytics? Then we want to hear from you!
- 3+ years of hands-on engineering project management experience in Business Intelligence/Data Engineering/Analytics areas
- Experience in various project methodologies and processes, including Waterfall, Change Management and Agile/Scrum
- Ability to understand new technologies and dive into details
- Self-motivated, collaborative, curious, proactive with demonstrated critical thinking capability
- Good listening/comprehension, verbal and written communication skills, ability to distill and present information for the right audience
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrate resilience and adaptability, in the midst of ambiguity and uncertainty, to promote transparency and inclusion, and ultimately drive business impacting change
In this role, you will drive project management - including large, cross-functional ones - to deliver for important business initiatives. This requires leading all aspects of SDLC (software development life cycle) efforts: you will define, schedule, prioritize, track, measure and communicate status. You will lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the technology stack as well as other cross-functional partners and business groups. Facilitating requirements brainstorming and design review sessions with internal and external partners, while understanding functionalities and features implemented are essential. Identifying and mitigating risks, removing road blocks and facilitating communication between teams are critical aspects to the role. Additionally, you’ll assist in other EPM responsibilities including but not limited to maintaining roadmap, providing oversight on resource capacity and funding at portfolio level, rolling out project framework and governance, etc. We value your ability to lead and develop new processes and ideas when it makes sense to re-evaluate, which at Apple is always!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Information Systems
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.