RF IC Physical Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team in Linz working on the layout of integrated cellular RF transceivers in state-of-the-art RF CMOS technologies.
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of custom RF/analog layout experience with extensive knowledge of deep sub-micron CMOS
- Knowledge of layout techniques for device matching, parasitics reduction, RF shielding and optimal high frequency routing
- Solid understanding of RF building blocks such as LNAs, mixers, VCOs, DCOs, PAs, etc.
- Solid understanding of RC delay, electromigration and coupling effects
- High level proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc.
- Knowledge of CADENCE layout tools
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in multi-functional teams
- Fluent in English
• Floor-planning in collaboration with RF IC design and RF system team • Layout of RF, analog and digital blocks for RF ICs down to transistor level • Block level and top-level layout through full verification flow • Top-level layout integration, verification and schedule management • Work with packaging experts to simulate RF de-sense and coupling mechanisms • Layout reviews for routing, signal path, IQ matching and coupling
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.