RF Transceiver Architect (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team in Linz defining and working on cellular RF transceivers architectures and radio subsystems.
- The ideal candidate has 10+ years of RF/analog and mixed-signal experience including cellular transceiver RF system design
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP standards, carrier specifications and the impact to RF system design and RF transceiver architectures using advanced CMOS RF process nodes
- In-depth knowledge of RF transceiver architectures and performance optimization applying state-of-the art digital linearization and signal processing techniques
- Proven track record in architecting leading-edge RF products for cellular devices
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams by technical expertise and to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience
- Fluent in English, C/C++, Matlab
• Define RF system requirements and RF transceiver architectures for wireless devices • Model and optimize RF performance, power, area and cost impact for different architecture trade offs • Optimize partitioning between digital and analog domains • Model top-level radio performance and optimize end-to-end RF performance • Identify and drive architecture innovation for RF transceivers using advanced RF CMOS process nodes • Create intellectual property and technical specifications for products and as input to business strategy decisions • Perform RF architecture reviews with other Apple wireless teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.