RF Firmware Engineer (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team in Linz developing FW for our integrated cellular RF transceivers.
- The ideal candidate will have several years experience in RF FW development for mobile communications
- Strong skills in embedded firmware development and RF system validation
- In-depth knowledge of mobile communications in 2G/3G/4G and preferably 5G
- Experience in wireless systems, RF transceiver, antenna tuning, adaptive algorithm
- Hands-on experience in mobile device or chipset development
- Experience in working with international teams
Define HW/FW split by running targeted FW algorithms on RF VP Build, develop and optimize RF transceiver algorithms and FW modules to improve field performance, factory yield, and RF testability Verify RF FW code on pre-silicon and post-silicon regression test systems Provide RF FW expertise to investigate critical issues in a cross-functional HW/SW/FW working environment Bring up RF modem transceiver systems in close collaboration with RF HW, Baseband and Protocol SW teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.