Sales - Regional Change Management Lead (ANZ)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Are you a driver of change? Are you passionate about helping people adapt to process and system changes? Are you intellectually curious and like to get thing done? The Apple’s Sales organisation generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, we are here to grow Apple’s business through partnering with our enterprise, education & channel sales teams, resellers, partners and carriers. As part of the regional Business Process Re-engineering team (BPR), and broader WW BPR group, the regional change manager will focus on the people side of change, including business processes, systems and technologies impacting the teams within region. Working closely with the global change team, you will support the development and the delivery of change strategies, and plans to help teams in region improve their adoption of new solutions by honing methods of effective and sustained behaviour change. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who is looking to play a key role in implementing fast and effective change across the globe in Apple Sales.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Strong understanding of how people journey through change, as well as the change process.
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts.
- Experience of project management approaches, tools and phases of a project life-cycle
- Experience in approaches to create and manage localised content needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work in ambiguous situations, highly matrix environments, and support other cross program work-streams
- Organised, with a natural inclination for both strategic and tactical planning and turn strategy into tangible deliverables.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, to audiences of varying seniority.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Good business insight and understanding of organisational issues and challenges.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Past experience with developing communications and training material.
- Ability to identify engaging communication channels to support partner onboarding.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level and deep-dive, as needed, into operational / tactical detail.
- Lead by example and support, encourage and develop team members.
- Great teammate and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- High level of integrity, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen.
- Ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and build strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Expertise leading cross-functional workshops to drive consensus.
- Experience in managing internal, vendor, and consultant resources.
- RELATED TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Aptitude and interest in new technical concepts.
- Experience in delivering within large scale ERP transformational implementations, preferably Salesforce
- Experience with agile delivery models
- Change management certification (such as PROSCI) or other designation desirable.
- Collaborating closely with the WW BPR team and local BPR leadership; - Assess change impacts in region, by conducting impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key partners in region. - Apply change management processes and tools to build a strategy to support the adoption and changes required by projects and initiatives to be deployed in region. - Support the definition, provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training and communication programs in region, including localisation considerations. - Complete change management assessments. - Identify, mitigate and manage anticipated resistance, issues, and risks, proactively. - Build relevant deliverables for the five change management levers; communication plan,, partner/sponsor roadmap, mentor plan, training plan, resistance management plan. - Support and engage regional senior leaders and other key partners / stakeholder groups. - Partner with regional leadership to develop and build a change network for key initiatives including the creation and maintenance of change champion groups in the business. - Facilitate sessions with that local change network to support adoption. - Consult and mentor projects teams and team leads on the change process. - Integrate change management activities into project and program plans, according to regional and global strategy. - Evaluate, supervise and ensure user readiness. - Define and measure success metrics and supervise change progress and adoption. - Input and support in partner engagement activities, including local partner onboarding needs. - Partner with vendor resources to localise communication and training materials as well as deliver local training, where required.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent degree in Business Management, Organisational behaviour or Industrial / Organisational Psychology or related field required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation