In-Region Technical Engineer
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Do you want to revolutionize the way consumers interact with their devices and change their daily life fundamentally? Do you want to impact billions of users by working on extraordinary products with cutting edge TrueDepth camera system? We want you to join our team if you are a hands-on engineer with the dream to develop and deliver solutions that do not yet exist. You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Depth Hardware group at Apple develops depth-sensing hardware including the revolutionary TrueDepth camera system that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and manufacturing of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. The Depth Hardware team is seeking a factory support engineer based in Gumi, Korea to lead the factory activities for Depth module manufacturing.
- Ability to lead multi-functional vendor teams and take responsibility for project success
- You will have deep expertise (5-10 years direct experience preferred) in at least 2 of the skills listed below, and sufficient multi-functional knowledge to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams:
- Failure analysis of compact optical modules
- Opto-mechanical assemblies for high-precision and high volume manufacturing
- Electronic module testing: Digital, power-supply, & analog
- Optical evaluation of compact imaging optics
- Development of silicon photonics modules
- Experience with system integration of high-precision, high-volume optics modules
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills in both English and Korean.
- Ability to travel abroad (Asia, US) for extended periods (typically ~30% of time)
The primary responsibility for this role is managing and overseeing depth modules NPI builds. Heavy interaction with multidisciplinary vendor teams (electrical, mechanical, process, test, firmware, software, quality control and operations) requires the ability to understand a wide breadth of engineering and technical disciplines. Responsibilities include: • Enforce module-specific test, and manufacturing requirements to Apple vendors based on clear documentation. • Leadership of international manufacturing partners for module evaluation, prototype builds, qualification and integration into Apple product. • Leadership of depth module test and validation at manufacturing sites. • Detailed failure analysis of any issues affecting functionality and performance at module and product level
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics)