Corporate MDM Platform Engineer (Sydney Australia)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven, can constantly research and suggest latest technologies, independently troubleshoot technical issues, and work with teams of developers, engineering project managers, and test engineers who take pride in building client and server solutions. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk!
- Minimum 5 years in a professional environment with much of the past two years in MDM
- Jamf experience essential; Jamf 200 certification level (Jamf 400 preferred)
- System administration experience; primarily in Unix systems such as Linux and macOS
- Experience in coding and scripting:Bash, perl, Python; AppleScript preferred
- Advanced packaging, script and policy deployment workflows
Mobile Device Management plays a critical role keeping devices at Apple secure and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. We are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to help manage and maintain our large scale, rapidly growing Corporate MDM environment. We are looking for an individual with end-user experience with the right attitude and aptitude. This person will develop, maintain and expand end-user solutions and infrastructure in a Linux environment, focusing on MDM for a large scale deployment of macOS, iOS and tvOS devices.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.