Field Design Engineer
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in mobile communication systems. Successful candidate will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and lab.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in cellular technologies and standards (UMTS, LTE, 5G)
- Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
- In depth knowledge & expertise in system test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Able to travel locally and internationally
You will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW/SW systems in both field and Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our prototypes and HW systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS and NFC validation, etc.. The successful candidate will be working with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW system issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- - Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- - Good analytical skills and judgement to provide highly creative solutions
- - Knowledge of GNSS and /or NFC technologies is a plus
- - Experience with test box as RF Signal Generators, etc is a plus
- - Scripting experience is a plus