Cellular Field Design Engineer
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in mobile communication systems. Successful candidate will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and lab.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in cellular technologies and standards (UMTS, LTE, 5G)
- Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
- In depth knowledge & expertise in system test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Fluent in English
- Able to travel locally and internationally
Field Design Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW/SW systems in both field and Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our prototypes and HW systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS and NFC validation, etc.. The successful candidate will be working with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW system issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- - Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- - Good analytical skills and judgement to provide highly creative solutions
- - Knowledge of GNSS and /or NFC technologies is a plus
- - Experience with test test box as RF Signal Generators, etc is a plus
- - Scripting experience is a plus
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.