Cellular RF Transmitter Systems Engineering Intern/ Working Student (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Are you interested in doing work that expands your thinking and provides innovative solutions for future problems while driving your growth being part of a recognised technical leader in the cellular industry? Join our team of leading experts in cellular RF industry and contribute to differentiating transmit architecture and solutions for Apple's wireless products! Apple's RF Transmitter Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, dedicated individual who is eager to break technical boundaries and to change the way of doing things. Our best-in-class team shapes the mobile market with ground-breaking RF innovations while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality.
- Knowledge in DSP (discrete systems, digital filters)
- Hands-on experience with time- and frequency-domain signal analysis in MATLAB
- A basic understanding of digital hardware design including modelling and simulation
- Familiarity with C/C++ or SystemC
- An organized style of working coupled with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Eagerness to learn new things and take up new challenges
- Availability for 6 months or more
In this role, you will be part of an industrial-leading RF Transmitter Systems Engineering Team which assesses, defines and drives TX architectures and TX concepts with focus on pioneering performance and uncompromised quality as baseline for differentiating products. Your daily work includes the following tasks: - Analysis of analog TX subsystems and RF components with respect to impairments, transient behavior and impact to system performance - Behavioral modelling of RF components like RF power amplifiers - Development of MATLAB simulation environments including analog components - Simulation of system performance for next generation RF transmitters - Development of DSP blocks like filters, sample rate converters or frequency shifters - Modelling of digital signal processing blocks in C/C++ and SystemC
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field (Bachelor's or Master's).
- This position can be carried out as a full-time internship or a part-time working student role. Availability for 6 months or more is preferred.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.