Senior Failure Analysis Lab Engineer, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! We are seeking an energetic, hands-on individual to join the Failure Analysis lab. The lab is responsible for applying sophisticated analytical technologies to the characterization of products. The lab team provides failure analysis services to resolve reliability, manufacturing, and material design issues. The successful candidate will have a passion for material characterization and/or electrical fault isolation We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Hands on experience failure analysis in electronic.
- Broad working knowledge of a variety of nano-mechanical techniques including sample preparation experience.
- Good understanding of electronic assembly process and electro-mechanical interaction.
- General knowledge of materials used in the electronics industry, including their processing, compounding and formulation.
- Experience with statistical analysis, data reduction methods, and spreadsheet manipulation; general understanding of DOE principles is a plus.
- Highly effective communication skills including ability to seek out direction, ask clarifying questions, communicate findings, and accept feedback.
- Willingness to be flexible, manage multiple activities, and frequently pivot to new tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of chemical hygiene and proven capability to work safely in a lab environment using solvents, cryogens, and corrosive materials.
- Hands-on experience with AFM, FTIR, SEM to drive complex failure analysis studies on the development, manufacturing and testing of polymers, plastics, elastomers, thin-films, adhesives, etc. - Hands on experience in fault isolation, functional verification of modular components (LCD, camera, speaker, printed circuits, battery) and root cause failure analysis using techniques such as LIT, TDR, CT, etc. - Synthesize information about failure modes from lab requestors with a diverse group of backgrounds to develop test plans that lead to a root cause identification. - Maintain high-quality documentation and prepare technical reports that explain key results succinctly. Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) complex analytical data to those with and without lab expertise.
Education & Experience
- B.S. and 8+ years industry experience; M.S. and 5+ years industry experience; or PhD in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.