Software Engineer - Media Services Infrastructure
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Software and Services
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Services team is looking for a dedicated, diligent and hard-working software engineer to join the Apple Media Services Infrastructure team. Help define, build and improve critical and fundamental system features on which all Apple media apps rely upon for features like networking, server configurations, caching, metrics etc. We support multiple media app use cases on all Apple platforms.
- We value strong programming fundamentals and extensive experience with both Swift and Objective-C.
- Experience with Cocoa and the iOS SDK.
- Familiarity with mobile application UI development.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in defining and building APIs.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Understand client server architecture and networking.
- Proven creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to independently learn new technologies.
- Ability to work well inside the team and with other teams cross functionally.
We develop new internal APIs that power all of Apple’s services products. You will work with design, server and other media apps to help define and implement the next feature to wow Apple customers. As an engineer on the team, you will be contributing to all five of Apple’s major operating systems: iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS. You will build out functionality for different levels of the technology stack; from network requests and data persistence, all the way to rendering flexible user interfaces. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside other multi-functional teams closely, in order to bring the best customer experiences to life. We are a team of engineers who are excited about building new technologies and tools. As a part of our team you will build features that show up in dozens of unexpected ways in apps.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and equivalent work experience.