Business Affairs Manager, Marcom - Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you could do here! Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We supervise all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and delivery of world-class communications. Our Business Affairs team in Marcom is in search for a Business Affairs Manager to advise on BA matters relating to Apple’s marketing communications in Korea. Those include driving the planning, licensing and execution of intellectual property rights-managed content in Apple marketing. The successful candidate will be representing Marcom’s Business Affairs Korea team with a high degree of ownership, integrity, and accountability. This truly is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding and diverse global team!
- At least 10+ years of relevant Business Affairs experience, working with creative teams in a marketing, advertising, entertainment, or other media content-focused industry
- Strong working knowledge of consumer-facing content (advertising, social media, UGC, consumer digital experiences, entertainment and editorial) and associated risks is a must
- Solid understanding of IP rights including copyright, trademark, and licensing in the area of entertainment and/or advertising law with emphasis on tech, music, film / TV industries
- Expertise in identifying potential legal and cultural issues in Korea for marketing purposes
- Proven skills in core areas: reviewing and drafting licensing agreements, strong negotiation skills, partnership management, creative problem-solving
- Self-motivated with high emotional intelligence, flexibility, and the ability to work independently and reliably on multiple projects
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in both oral and written English and Korean is required
- Highly collaborative and responds positively to change.
- Curiosity and awareness of cultural trends in Korea
- A strong passion for all content types, in particular app technology. Experience with working with app developers is a plus
The BA Manager will be collaborating with the creative, business and legal teams across functions. Deep expertise in fostering and maintaining relationships across internal and external partners will be important for your success. On a day-to-day basis, the role is expected to be responsible for advising on all business affairs matters related to original marketing production work produced locally in Korea. The role will also be responsible for securing regionally relevant content for deeper customer resonance and engagement. To this end, the person in this role will be coordinating and planning appropriate, locale-specific content to replace Worldwide Marcom content that is not available or suitable for use in Korea. Overall, the person in this position will be great teammate, who knows how to react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction and strategically adjust when necessary. The right candidate is unfazed by last-minute changes to production with solid experience to navigate such changes with confidence and expertise. The role will work with colleagues locally as well as colleagues in different parts of the world, report to the Senior Manager of WW Business Affairs, based at company headquarters in the U.S. Travel to U.S. company headquarters will be periodically required once it is safe to travel again.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. JD or MBA desirable
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.