Apple News Editor, ANZ
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Software and Services
Apple News is at the forefront of media and technology, giving millions of users news and information from leading news organizations around the globe. We are revolutionizing how news consumers receive their information every single day. We are a 24-hour news team making real-time decisions based on the day’s biggest events. We work with some of the world's biggest publishers to deliver an extraordinary experience to our users. Editors on Apple News highlight the best and most engaging content on our platform for our large national audience. You will curate content, write copy, craft plans for news events, and communicate directly with our publisher partners.
- You have experience working on high-quality editorial products. Experience working in breaking news situations and on curated products is preferred but not required.
- You've worked in a variety of CMSs, and have a keen understanding of the tools needed to support state of the art editorial.
- You can navigate relationships on complicated projects that involve multiple areas within Apple.
- You are fluent with data and analytics, and are willing to evolve your editorial strategy as numbers reveal user behavior.
- You have steady editorial judgement and strong copy-editing skills.
- You are a phenomenal teammate willing to jump on new projects or tackle breaking news depending on the situation.
- Experience in sports journalism would be a plus but not essential.
Seek out high-quality content using third party software and Apple’s proprietary tools. Write sharp and engaging copy in the Apple News voice. Work with our copy editor to ensure your work meets all aspects of our house style. Use your journalistic experience, sound editorial judgement, and team standards to source and select content to promote, with an emphasis on quality, accuracy, and context. Work closely with your counterparts in Apple News' design and engineering departments. This could include providing editorial input on the look and feel of new products, or improving the backend tools the team uses. Track the progress of product updates to ensure that editorial goals are met. Understand the critical metrics for your projects and with News leadership work towards them strategically. Play an active role in communicating and explaining your work to an internal audience. Share takeaways from your projects with the editorial team and to the larger News org. Surface bugs and other performance issues.
Education & Experience
BA degree in English, Literature, or Journalism or equivalent.