Developer Relations Lead, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a Developer Relations Lead in Korea! This lead will own and drive Apple’s developer centric technical evangelism and engagement strategy in this mature and vibrant developer market. The lead will also articulate the market opportunities and ambition to deliver impact and growth. A critical function of this position is to be the chief evangelist for Apple’s development tools, platforms, frameworks and services technologies in Korea. This role will manage a team of Partnership Managers and Tech Evangelists focusing on cultivating the culture of apps and games design with the best end user experience, optimized performance and creative innovations for both Korean and global markets. The continuous improvement of developer engagement, comprehensive business and market analytics, instinctive insights and the capability to focus are valued attributes of this role. In this role you will partner closely with the local PR, Product Marketing, App Store, Marcom, Sales teams, Apple WWDR and Engineering teams in Cupertino, as well as the broader Apple team in Korea to shape opportunity ahead and to define and communicate country unique requirements for current and future products and services. The successful candidate will be an authority with a strong passion for Apple, the desire to pay forward and empower broader developer communities, steadfast pursue of excellence, skill to navigate in a world of ambiguity, finesse and craft for value based developer storytelling, creative and innovative problem solving, the motivation to inspire others, and build strong and lasting relationships throughout the organization. We invite you to join us and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 15+ years experience for product design and development and/or technology evangelism
- Experience working for/or with a global organization in technology or related fields
- Business analytics and strategic planning with deep knowledge of industry trends
- Technical proficiency with the ability to translate features into consumer and developer benefits
- 7+ years experience in leading and developing a team with a growth mindset.
- Curiosity, a passion for excellence, ability to ask the right questions, and the love of working as part of a team
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a multifaceted, creative, fast paced environment
- Highly collaborative with outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Korean is required
- Cross regional travel is required. (Post COVID)
- Articulate developer opportunities in the market and provide developer market insights and leadership throughout the developer’s lifecycle experience in partnership with other developer facing teams across Apple - Lead the team to achieve good-to-great of our developers’ apps and games and mobilize Apple resources to effectively amplify surprise and delight our developers deliver - Own and drive annual developer community engagement plan, outlining opportunities and actions that lead growth and technical thought leadership, instilling half yearly reviews on what’s working, what’s not - Lead and develop a strong bench of senior partnership managers and technical evangelists - Act as a primary liaison between Korean market and Asia/WW for all local business needs and feature requirements. Influence developer related product and service feature roadmap, make clear and prioritized recommendations that improve developer and customer experience - Devise and craft singular market narrative to enable clear understanding of market dynamics, customer voice, opportunity and set actions that all key partners understand - Become a visible and constructive member of the senior Developer Relations management team as well as the overall leadership team - Be the guardian of developer messaging and positioning across every developer touch point, advancing the cause of excellence - Possess expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party developer products, services and strategies as well as the local regulatory situation that impacts developer community
Education & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or Software Design Engineering is required. Business and marketing a plus
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.