Regional Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! We are seeking an individual to be responsible for all Apple product regulatory compliance activities in Korea, as well as, hold Asia Pacific region responsibilities. You will work together with a team of highly skilled project managers, test engineers and developers – both local and remote. You will need to able to drive creatively to improve internal and external process. You will need to have strong RF test experience in BT/WLAN/NFC/UWB/WPT/ CDMA/UMTS/LTE/5G. You will need to have strong influence in Korea regulation and standardization.
- RF Test Experience with BT/WLAN/NFC/UWB/WPT/GSM/UMTS/LTE/5G.
- Familiar with RF test instrument.
- 3+ years of Regulatory compliance engineer or relevant experience.
- Open for fresh graduate if candidate possesses outstanding communication skills.
- Solid planning and excellent communication skills.
- Be proactive and be able to be firm with external parties.
- Abilities to work in cross-functional teams across multiple time zones.
- Fluent in Korean and English.
THE ROLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING MAIN DUTIES: - Manage the internal cross function team to complete pretest. - Generate test plan for regional compliance requirement. - Perform RF/EMC/SAR test in country. - Debug RF issue during the test. - Obtain regulatory compliance certifications in region on time. - Attend RF/EMC/OTA/SAR etc. regulatory compliance standard meeting. - Tracking regulatory compliance requirement in APAC region, including label, manual and RF test spec update. - Work with test lab and government officials/regulators to reduce regulatory approval leading time. - Work with government officials/regulators to influence standards and laws in Apple’s and consumer’s favor. - Manage the market surveillance. - Communicate between standard engineering, software engineering, hardware engineering internally.
Education & Experience
BS degree EE/CE required, MS desired.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicant.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.