Computer Vision Software Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
The Video Engineering group is looking for a highly motivated applied researcher and engineer to work on research and implementation of computer vision features, and transforming ground breaking ideas into revolutionary features in our next generation of cameras. You will be working in a diverse, fast moving team based in Zurich, Switzerland, and will interact regularly with teams based in Cupertino, USA.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Good understanding of 3D computer graphics methods
- Good understanding of 2D and 3D computer vision algorithms
- Good GPU programming skills (Metal, CUDA, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL)
- Experience with real-time applications
- Good profiling, performance and optimization skills
- Good experience with version control and continuous integration
- Proficiency in *nix environments
- Knowledge of ObjectiveC/Swift is a plus
- Able to work in a cross functional environment
- Fluency in English is required
The candidate will be working on next generation video and image analysis projects in our computer vision research and development team in Zurich, combining modern machine learning approaches with geometric knowledge from computer vision. Our work is focused on real-time performance and finds its way into the whole range of future Apple products. We are improving existing technology as well as developing completely new approaches to enhance the way we interact with devices. Because we integrate tightly with the hardware platform and even influence its design we are able to create products that are extremely fast, power efficient, and accurate.
Education & Experience
PhD or Masters in computer science, computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning, or equivalent.
- Experience in the industry is a plus