Machine Learning Engineer - Special Projects Team
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for world-class qualified ML/Deep Learning engineers to develop and integrate machine learning technologies within our Special Projects Team, focusing on autonomous technologies in a robotics environment.
- In-depth expertise in deep learning (DL), statistical machine learning (ML), and reinforcement learning (RL)
- Familiar with current DL literature and the math of machine learning: optimization methods, common types of models and layers, etc.
- Understanding of modern machine learning concepts and state of the art deep learning frameworks
- Ability to train and debug deep learning systems: Define metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern DL framework
- Experience with hardware specific optimization of ML models and deployment
- Excellent programming skills in Python and C/C++
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Creative, collaborative, and product focused
- Excellent communication skills — you collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
As a member of the team, you will work on a hardware/software product enabled by the ML technologies you build. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with a particular focus on deep learning (DL), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL). You will work on one of the most challenging technical problems of today, and develop new ML solutions that will impact and enable future Apple products. You’ll join a phenomenal team of hardworking engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. We hope you’re passionate about the values that drive us: - Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We tackle whatever work is right for the product and strive for the best possible results. - Humility: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. - Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals encourage us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
Education & Experience
PhD or Masters degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.