Computer Vision Software Developer in Test
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
At Apple we tackle large scale engineering challenges to surprise and delight our users. To build, maintain, and extend the necessary architecture for these tasks Apple is looking for an excellent software engineer in test like you. Algorithms, infrastructure, quality assurance and reporting are all tightly integrated at Apple. You can expect to interact consistently with senior engineers and researchers as you develop the expertise necessary to test state of the art computer vision algorithms. Through our close collaboration with the algorithm teams, we help deliver best-in-class products with commitment to code quality, testability and maintainability. You will be embedded in the Apple Zürich Vision Lab, where technology such as the face tracking behind Animoji has been developed. We are therefore looking for an engineer with excellent communication skills who is able to work closely with local researchers and the larger QA organisation based in Cupertino.
- Proficiency in Python
- Great communication skills
- Patience and thoroughness - good QA helps with the development of better algorithms and makes sure our users get the quality they can expect
- Work with world-class computer vision engineers to understand the algorithms they develop
- Build evaluations and metrics to quantify algorithm performance, and relate them to user experience
- Design and implement automated systems to run your tests at scale
- Investigate observed behaviors and gather diagnostic data to track issues to their source
- Drive issues to closure by working with a wide range of cross-functional teams
You will create test plans together with our researchers, design test cases, and develop test applications and/or test tools. It is your task to work closely with software developers to debug issues you uncovered and edge cases you found. You will support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management. And you will work with counterparts in the US to ensure smooth and correct releases.
Education & Experience
BS or MS CS/CE/EE (or equivalent)