AI/ML - Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Information Intelligence
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
Have you ever wanted to work on the machine learned natural language processing system powering Siri? Join the Information Intelligence team and build groundbreaking natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. This work involves developing modern, sophisticated deep learning models built using state of the art word embeddings and model architectures.
- Expert level experience in Python, Go. Experience with Java and C++is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write thoughtful, maintainable code for mission critical software components
- End-to-end leadership of a project, from design to production deployment
- Proven experience in NLP and ML or similar experience in developing language technologies for shipping products.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas or solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas, et al.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Spark, AWS, and GCP.
- Ability to collaborate closely with multi-functional teams.
- Experience working on search engines is a plus.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior engineer with a background in natural language processing and machine learning. In this position you will apply your problem solving skills to language technology challenges and opportunities within Information Intelligence. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and ship innovative natural language solutions for the Siri assistant and various other Apple products. You will also collaborate with data scientists to distill insights from petabytes of data to guide your work, team up with search engineers to help enrich Siri’s understanding with deep knowledge of the world, and work closely with Siri experience engineers to together craft the kind of user experiences that continue to surprise and delight our customers around the globe. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. You will be fully eligible for Apple benefits. The programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Education & Experience
MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with specialization in natural language processing and/or machine learning or equivalent experience.