Site Reliability Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Software and Services
Our team uses Computer Vision and Machine Learning to enable features on Apple products like face tracking for Animoji, Portrait Mode, and FaceTime Eye Contact. In the context of Machine Learning we need to collect large amounts of data, push it reliably through data processing pipelines, add manual annotations, let large clouds crunch on it, continuously verify and report the accuracy of the resulting algorithms, and finally transfer trained models to products. We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for our internal tooling to ensure it can be used whenever needed and scales with demand. You will ensure that world-class machine learning and computer vision experts can develop products that will surprise and delight our customers. You will be working in a diverse, fast moving team based in Zürich and will interact regularly with teams based in Cupertino, USA.
- Excellent analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Good software engineering skills
- Proficient in Python
- Experience in getting the most out of build systems and DevOps tools (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g.: Terraform, Helm, Ansible, Chef, etc..)
- Experience in monitoring production systems (e.g.: ELK stack, Cloudwatch, Grafana, etc...) is a plus
- Proficient in Linux environments, experience in Mac is a plus
- Familiar with public cloud deployments (e.g.: AWS, GCP, and/or Azure)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Computer Vision is a plus
You will be working on infrastructure and tools to support the development of the next generation video and image analysis projects in our computer vision research. For this, we crunch data at massive scale, so we deeply care about availability and reliability as well as pure throughput. You will contribute to ensure the observability and fault-tolerance of our services in production. We value the right attitude to serving our internal customers over extensive experience with technology.
Education & Experience
Bachelor / Master in Computer Science or equivalent work experience If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.