AI/ML- Machine Learning Performance Engineer, Information Intelligence
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
Join the Apple AI/ML team and help powering the Visual Lookup features across iOS and macOS. Help building, deploying and optimizing novel visual search capabilities across all Apple product that will transform the way people engage with the world around them! We’re looking for strong engineers to work on cutting-edge technology, collaborate with experts across Apple, and deliver novel end-to-end experiences that delight customers.
- 3+ years of experience in on-device ML performance optimization oriented role
- Proficiency in c/c++, swift or objective-c
- Experience with python and major ML training frameworks
- Project track record of shipping high-quality ML models and computer vision algorithms
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with low level computer / mobile / gpu architectures is a plus
- Experience with iOS / macOS frameworks development (Swift/Obj-C) is a plus
As a performance / integration engineer you are excited to architect and deploy performant iOS/macOS frameworks powering the end user experiences and internal prototypes. You will be helping putting ML models in production and optimizing their per watt performance. You will work with a team of highly qualified computer vision and machine learning specialists to deploy innovative computer vision/machine learning systems in the area of visual search. You'll be involved in ML performance optimization both during development and in production. Based in Zurich, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide and are looking for expert Applied ML Engineers to join our Agile development teams. You will have great technical skills, a drive for high quality software and the ability to innovate creative solutions. Communicating clearly and having the flexibility to learn new technologies, while continuously developing your skills will be key to your success. You will fit into our teams, be a fantastic collaborator, comfortable with giving and receiving feedback and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.