Engineering Program Manager, Software Algorithms - SPG
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for a world-class Engineering Program Manager to join the Special Projects Group and focus on algorithms for autonomous technologies in a robotics environment. This individual will be part of a team that is responsible for a critical set of software capabilities that include algorithms particularly in machine learning and artificial intelligence, and system integrations spanning multi-disciplinary engineering teams between Europe and North America.
- 5+ years of technical program or project management experience
- Critical thinker with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to provide strategic analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining product roadmaps with competing customer needs
- Experience leading teams to align on goals, develop integration plans, and monitor/control execution
- Experience driving projects with globally distributed teams, such as in Europe and North America
- Experience managing machine learning and artificial intelligence projects is recommended
- Partner with engineering teams in Europe and North America to set strategic direction and drive the research, development, and integration of machine learning technologies - Drive program development including scope definition, resourcing, scheduling and execution - Establish measurable goals that align with the long term-vision and routinely update stakeholders on plans and progress - Identify and resolve conflicts, dependencies and program issues quickly, efficiently and effectively - Understand and concisely communicate complex research or engineering issues to varying audiences You’ll join a fantastic team of talented engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. You will influence the research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience required.