AIML - Intern (ML Engineer), Information Intelligence
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
As part of Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting the privacy of users and their data. Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Machine Learning Platform & Technology team is building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, ranking algorithms
- Experience with machine learning applied to search, NLP
- Strong coding skills with at least one of the following programming languages: Go, Java, Python, Scala, C/C++, Rust
- Excellent interpersonal skills is required; able to work independently as well as in a team
- Proficiency with distributed computing platform and technologies such as AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, MapReduce or similar is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing large scale data pipelines is a plus
We design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri users. Our team processes trillions of links to find the best content to surface to users through search. We also analyze pages to extract critical features for indexing, ranking. We apply statistical analysis to improve link selection, freshness, retrieval rates, extraction quality, and many others. You’ll have the opportunity to work with large scale systems with trillions of rows and many petabytes of data and incredible complexity, reasoning on our document corpus and web graph to improve the quality of our index. If this sounds of interest to you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's, Masters or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace