Signal Processing Algorithm Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Join the engineering team creating next-generation touch interfaces for iPad, Pencil, iPhone, Watch and more. We are an eclectic group with backgrounds in signal processing, computer science, estimation algorithms, human factors, and beyond. We thrive on inventing new ways of interacting with Apple products and shipping amazing products every year. We are looking for a Signal Processing, Image Processing and Machine Learning Engineer. In this role, you will be working on innovative projects and features from start to finish and will be part of a team shipping products to millions of users every year.
- Strong academic background and industry experience in Signal Processing, Image Processing and Machine Learning.
- Strong theoretical knowledge of fundamental Signal Processing, Image processing, Array Processing techniques along with data driven techniques for Feature Extraction, Regression, Classification/detection, Clustering, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in developing algorithms.
- Experience in cross-functional interactions with hardware and firmware teams.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python.
- Strong ability to analyze both block level and end to end performance.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
This is a key position where we operate at a focal point for HW/SW/UI integration. Your work and challenges will be dynamic and you will get to collaborate with skilled, diverse people across the company. Starting from early in the product lifecycle, your core responsibilities will include: - Investigating new technologies, prototyping concepts, coding and bringing up demos, and evaluating user impact. - Engaging other teams, brainstorming, and driving discussions to set direction for features and products. - Innovating/designing new algorithms, implementing and integrating in embedded or resource constrained systems. - Iterating with Human Factors and QA teams to polish your algorithms into robust and reliable features ready to ship to our customers.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/CE/EECS/Math; PhD is preferred.