Hardware Development Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? The Silicon Engineering team is seeking a Hardware Development Engineer with a strong foundation in PCB Layout techniques and a real passion for building new technologies. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and uncommonly talented Hardware Development Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. You will be responsible for the development of PCBs and related processes in collaboration with the Design teams and in alignment with the internal design flow.
- We would be interested in meeting you if you have proven expertise in the following areas:
- - Knowledge of analog circuits and design flows including signal integrity
- - Experience in PCB Layout techniques
- - Knowledge of DCDC converters would be an asset
- - Knowledge on complex multi-layer PCBs and ultra fine pitch BGAs
- - Hands-on experience with Lab equipment
- - Solid understanding of power routing, area and performance trade-off in mixed-signal designs
- - Good written and verbal communication skills working with international teams
- Conduct design feasibility studies to evaluate the PCB design goals for packaging, cost, manufacturing and system performance. - Assist lower level PCB Designer in the resolution of critical design problems - Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation. - Perform complex and difficult CAD and CAE tasks requiring extensive skill and knowledge of equipment capabilities, applications techniques and design limitations. - Work with PCB manufacturing and engineering to develop/revise PCB processes to ensure quality.
Education & Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent, alternatively equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.