Optical Metrology Scientist
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? The Measurement R&D Team is responsible for developing technologies, calibration methodologies and the respective instrumentation for the calibration and validation of Apple’s products. These solutions will be used during New Product Introduction (NPI). We are seeking an Optical Metrology Scientist with a strong foundation in optical measurements and a real passion for building new technologies. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and uncommonly Optical Metrology Scientist. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- We would be interested in meeting you if you have proven expertise in the following areas:
- - >3 year of experience and strong technical background in optics, sensor physics, radiometry and metrology
- - Hands-on experience in optical measurement systems from concept to market (characterization, test and validation)
- - Ability to explore potential technologies and work with suppliers on prototype development
- - Willingness and ability to travel
- - Competence in data analysis with Python, MATLAB, JMP, R or Perl
- - Experience handling international vendors is a plus
- - Application programming in C/C++, Perl or Python are a plus
- - Optical design in Zemax, Code V or LightTrans is a plus
As a young professional in this group, The role of is to design and deploy effective measurement systems that include test methodology, hardware, software, instrument and fixture design. - Work with a team that will support the integration of novel metrology solutions and communicate data and design decisions to a multi-functional team. - Define and document the appropriate methodologies in the measurement. - Design precise systems that can take the environment into account. - Develop repeatable and reproducible instrumentation that meets product requirements. - Collaborate across teams to create, define and document measurement metrics and specifications. - Bring up, debug and mature the measurement system during NPI cycle.
Education & Experience
- MS required, alternatively equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.