CAD Engineer - Timing for Transistor-Level Flows & Methodologies
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? The Silicon Engineering team is seeking a CAD Engineer with a strong foundation in Timing for Transistor-Level Flows & Methodologies and a real passion for building new technologies. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and uncommonly talented CAD Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. You will be responsible for defining, implementing, and supporting the methodologies, flows, and tools necessary to verify transistor-level circuits in the areas of timing, signal integrity and circuit verification. You will work very closely with digital and analog designers to ensure that their designs meet functionality, timing, electrical, power, and signal integrity goals.
- Typically requires at least 3+ years of hands on experience in timing, STA, CAD/methodology, etc.
- - Proficiency in STA and methodologies for timing closure, signal integrity analysis, cross-talk, and OCV (AOCV, POCV) effects, etc.
- - Experience with transistor-level tools such as NanoTime, PathMill, HSPICE.
- - Familiar with digital custom circuit designs including dynamic circuit techniques and memories as well as SPICE models and netlists.
- - Programming in Perl, TCL, or similar language.
- - Good communicator who can accurately describe issues and follow them through to completion.
- Work with design teams to understand and debug tool issues and constraints - Create/maintain flows, scripts and methodologies for transistor level analysis - Work closely with design teams and CAD to drive timing, power, signal integrity, and functional verification closure efforts - Deep analysis of timing paths to identify key issues - Create documentation and help with guidelines/specs
Education & Experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent, alternatively equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.