CAD EM/IR Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products very quickly. Do you want to bring passion and dedication to your job? There's no telling what you could accomplish at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — we continue to strengthen our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. As a key member of our best-in-class CAD Group, you will be part of building state of the art designs. We will utilize your hands-on experience in power EM/IR analysis to develop, define and refine the methodologies and flows for gate-level, as well as transistor level designs. The high level design will include functional static / dynamic IR analysis, scan mode IVD analysis, package model handling, power EM analysis, SigEM, power switch modeling, design abstract and reuse for EM/IR purposes, IP / SoC level EMIR sign-off / ECO, and much more. Are you ready to join some of the world's leading engineers, and help us deliver the next generation of ground-breaking Apple products?
- We are counting on your expertise in developing EM and IR related flows for better accuracy and efficient runs
- You are experienced in usage of EMIR analysis tools and knowledgeable on their working principles and methods.
- You have experience in supporting design teams with ramping the work environment, correct settings and reliable runs
- You can work directly with the tool vendors, and drive them to resolve tools bugs as well as implement required improvements
- We expect experience in exploring and defining new technology nodes settings, and working with various technology teams on the actual node limits
- Your communication skills are excellent, and like the rest of us at Apple you love working in open and multi-cultural environment
• In this highly visible role, your primary responsibilities will include development of custom EM/IR solutions • You are going to focus on revamping / rewriting and streamlining the EM/IR flow as well as take ownership of the entire flow • You will have shared relationships with various design groups (Physical-design and integration, Circuit-design / Power / Technology) on their EM/IR requirements for various post layout flows • You will work side by side with vendors and foundries for tool qualification and debug
Education & Experience
You hold Master's in Electrical / Computer Engineering, or equivalent strong experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.