Cellular Modem Software Architect - Platform Architecture
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? In this role, you will contribute in designing and developing cellular PHY/layer 1.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++;
- Experience with the architecture and development of cellular simulator is a plus;
- Familiarity with Software processes and how to go from requirements to implementation;
- Cellular system software experience in L1, L2(MAC/RLC/PDCP), RRC;
- Understanding of cellular radio standards (e.g. 5G-NR, LTE,…);
- Experience in the tradeoffs of mapping parts of the protocol layers to HW and/or SW;
- Ability to effectively work with multi-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a multi-functional organisation;
- Good skills to develop detailed component/system requirement, architecture and design documentation;
- Excellent communication skills.
You will use software skills combined with cellular knowledge to build a cellular simulator; Gather system and product requirements to build the cellular modem software for different RATs; Specify the system's KPIs (e.g. area, power, performance, …); Develop verification tests to control and verify the development cycle; Create intellectual property; Prepare and drive project decisions related to the cellular system top-down development.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.